I've re-written this post about three times now, for real. I love reading other's posts about their new year's resolutions and words to inspire them for 2013. However, every time I try to chose one and 'inspire' myself, I feel a bit stupid, as though I'm jumping on the bandwagon wearing an "aren't I awesome" suit.
What's prompted me to try again however has been reading so many 'highlights of 2012' posts and feeling a little depressed at how little I'd have to say if I wrote one. Whilst I probably have, I feel that I didn't do anything extraordinary with my 2012, nothing to write home about. Which is a total self-depreciating lie...
- I met the lovely Miss Reardon from Peoria, and made a new friend!
- I took up running/jogging/imitating a sprinting two year old in sweatpants.
- I ended a relationship than had stolen my much-ness..
- ... and started a new one with someone that helped me rediscover my much-ness.
- Got out of retail and started at my first ever 'proper job' as a Social Media Manager and professional blogger.
- Made some more new friends in the form of the lovely Holly and Owen.
- I went to Longleat for the first time! It's gorgeous.
So y'know - my year wasn't a total loss at all!
Maybe it's just being a bad decision making Libra, but I still can't choose just one word for 2013. Some that do come to mind though are yes, action and bright.
To cut the abstract out of it, I want to look back on 2013 this time next year, and feel that I had the best year yet. I want to say yes to more things, I want to achieve more, do more and just be happy for a larger portion of the year than I was this year.
I don't think that's too much to ask, right?
Imagine it's one year into the future.
How would you like your 2013 to have gone?